cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts on new interface : IDOC to 3rd Party system

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I has new interface and neet to clarify whether i need to use BPM here inthis case.

Scenario : IDOC to 3rd Party system (may be File) using Message Mapping.

XI transforms the IDoc to an XML-message and drops the message in an MQSeries queue with 3rd party as receiving system.

In 3rd Party system a job, is set up to start when data reaches the MQ queue. The job writes the input message on an archive file, parses the message, validates data, updates accepted order documents as 3rd Party system orders, and creates a receipt at message level for all messages, both accepted and rejected. Messages with errors are rejected at message level u2013 that is an error in one item will lead to the whole message being rejected.

The receipt from 3rd Party system to SAP is created as an XML-message and is put in an MQSeries queue that has XI as receiver. Each XML status message from 3rd Party system will contain status update for one IDoc.

XI transforms the receipt message to IDoc and passes the IDoc to SAP where status on the original order response message is updated. Update of IDoc status is done by standard functionality using the IDoc type STATUS.

Please confirm whether i need to use BPM here for the receipt from 3rd party system to R/3.

Thanks & Regards,

Y. Raj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel You need BPM in such scenario...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Receiver system (3rd party) is HTTP (IDOC to HTTP) then shall i need to go for BPM or not ....?

for getting response from 3rd party system to SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Y.Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YES,

You have to use BPM, why because basically Idoc is the Async Communication. to make it Sync, we need to use BPM to get the response from the Third-party System

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Seshagiri.