cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding File Content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am able to convert a xml file to a flat file using ';' as a separator parameter. Now if i want an o/p file with space as the separator and also a fixed row length for the data that i have to generate is it possible to specify these in the content conversion parameters? Please let me know if it is possible to specify the field length that i require and also the parameter to use space as a separator.

Regards

Sharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding FCC parameters here are some most often used content conversion parameters listed below :

Be sure to use the following parameters

Say DETAILS is the record set name :

DETAILS.endSeparator = 'nl'

DETAILS.fieldNames=a,b,c,d ... so on

DETAILS.fieldSeparator (here a blank space between quotes ex: ' ' will do in case u want the separator to be a blank space.)

DETAILS.addHeaderLine = 0

DETAILS.fixedFieldLengths = 10,10

are some important parameters for the basic conversion.

Award points if helpful

Regards : Deepika Kuppachari

Edited by: K Deepika on Apr 10, 2008 10:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat,

Use this parameter for your content conversion in the reciever file communication channel.

structure.fieldSeparator = '0x20'

this is the hexadecimal conversion for space.

I guess this works out.

Regards,

Dhana

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For fixed field lengths give

<b>fieldXYZ.fieldFixedLengths</b> and for your file to be space separated give the parameter as suggested by Dhana in his post or else u can also try giving a space itself instead of the hexadecimal representation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

tthere is another simple way to do this.In ur text file type some spaces between the text .Copy that space and paste it as the value for field seperator .It works..

regards..

datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this link to get details about all parameters that can be used for File content conversion in Receiver Adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

Regards,

Uma

Message was edited by: Uma Maheswari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat,

Have you gone through this. It clearly explains about the File content conversion parameters.

Converting file content in the sender adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm