Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Run scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

The scenario is somethng like this....

I have two Purchase orders in a plant. When i run the MRP I get only one planned order. The planned order is created for the total quantity of the two purchase orders combined.

My question is:

1)Is it natural for the system to throw only one planned order and if so why?

2)If I have a PIR and I run the MRP i get individual Planned orders for each PIR. Is it possible to get individual Planned orders for the above scenario i.e. for each purchase order in the MD04 screen i need a planned order to be generated.

Regards.

Srinivasan R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Check the lot sizing procedure, have you maintained as 'EX' (lot for lot order quantity), when you create a PIR you will get a procurement proposal (Planned order) for that quantity of the PIR.

Kiran,

Purchase order can be a STO (Stock transport order) from a different plant which is a requirement for this plant.

Jade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jade,

Thanks for the response and you are right at that it is a STO from another plant and also it is for the finished article and not for a raw material.

So I am still not able to create individual planned orders for individual Purchase orders.

Any other ideas guys.

Regards

Srinivasan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Have you checked the lot size for the finished material?? if its EX then when you run MRP you will get individual planned orders for individual Purchase orders.

Please revert.

Jade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jade,

I the material has been maintained with EX as the lot size. But its still throwing me only one Planned order.

Regards

Srinivasan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody of above, Please tell me How the system generate planned order against Purchase order? I dont understand.

Pur.Ord is an reciept not requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I tried with the individual/collective setting. It did not work. I am going to try with the quota setting.

Kiran you are right about creating requriements for receipt elements. But you can generate requirements for Purcahse Orders also.

Thanking you all.

Regards

Srinivasan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get the two or respective planned order for your requirement. By doing following enties in MRP Views-4

under Bom explosion/dependent requirement header. you need too select the individual/collective requirement as 1and save the material master data and generate the two reqmnt and run md02. you will get two planned order.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to create individual PR or planned order with respect to PIR then select individual requirement in the individual/collective field from MRP4 view.

EG: RAW01 is material PIR is like 50 , 60.

once u run the MRP then its triggers two planned order/PR with qty 50 , 60.

So select individual requirement in the individual/collective requirement field.

Regards

Vijay

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible by using Quota Arrangement, so first you need to active Quota Arrangement in MRP2 view and lot size with quantity split. Then define quota arrangement MEQ1 with diffrenet % of material for different vendors or production version.

After that MRP Run and check the result.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar