Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ISA Control Number in EDI 856

former_member1275317
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm doing mapping between DEVLRY01 idoc and 856 edi file.

regarding this i have a doubt on ISA Control Number ?

What ISA Control Number and how mapping can be done for this field on target side.

only thing i know about this ISA Control Number is it should of lenght 9 is it correct ?

can anybody give me suggestions about mapping and information regarding ISA Control Number?

Regards,

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ISA controll number is a unique identification number. In general by writing some UDF we can generate this number.

Example code :

public String UniqNumber(String name,Container container)

{

String val;

Object obj = container.getGlobalContainer().getParameter(name);

if(obj == null)

throw new RuntimeException ("Exception due to .....");

else {

value = obj.toString();

return val;

}

}

This code generates the unique control number.

We can give input to this is constant, this is generally the signal number, now in your case 856.

former_member1275317
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Can you please tell me why it requires UDF as it is coming from source document we can directly set the value.

If UDF is mandatory what kind of inputs it requires? i think depends on cutomer, document number and other stuff .. right?

correct me if i'm wrong?

regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To generate the unique number we are using the UDF, suppose we have a partner number that is for uniquely identify the partner like the same way. Every time it generates the unique number thats why we are suing the UDF, its not mandatory if you pass unique value every time. but it may not be possible to pass unique value every time.

We can give any input to that UDF, in general we will give the signal number(856).

This is not depends on the customer and document number.By using this number uniquely identifies the EDI sub system message.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ISA control number is some kind of unique message number, like an idoc number.

Normally you should be able to get such number from the source document