Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RuntimeException in RequestMessageMapping .but works fine in message mappin

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I m doing a JMS-RFC scenario. (wiht Content Conversion) I m getting a Message mapping Runtime Exception in SXI_MONI. (Java Null Pointer Exception)

But when i copy the same payload and tested in Message mapping, it works fine.

When i tried the same scenario with a File Channel instead of jms channel, it works firn for the same input message. any suggestions, wat might have gone wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aarthi,

just chk that conent conversions are correct and even the JMS port is having correct address

if found worth do the req

Thanx

Sampath

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responss.

Atlast we created a Java Mapping and the problem was resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know you current SP and have you done any SP upgrade.

We faced problems in FCC when we updated the SP19 to SP22.

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aarthi,

Basically null pointer exception is occured when you perform some operation on an object which is null or calling some method on the object that is null. It is nothing but patching the problem and it is not the right way. You should try to avoid performing any operation on null object.

In XI it will occur only in mapping (Graphical mapping and java mapping) if u used any UDF in it.

refer the following link

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?NullPointerException

when you are writing any UDF don't forget to catch the exception, How to catch the exception showed below...

When you encounter a NULL pointer exception ( Null pointer exception is the exception that is thrown by the JVM when you perform some operation on an object which is null or calling some method on the object that is null), you should not try to handle that exception i.e., DONT try ...catch the null pointer exception. It is nothing but patching the problem and it isin't the right way. You should try to avoid performing any operation on null object.

Eg:

object.method();

Assume this statement generates a null pointer exception.

Wrong method :

try {

object.method();

} catch ( Exception Ex) {

// handle the exception

}

Correct Method :

if ( object != null) {

object.method();

}

Regards,

Vinod.