cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error transporting between systems RC=12

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having problems transporting between my BW or R3 systems. The platform is NW04s and Solaris 5.10 with Oracle 10.2.0.2.

I was suddenly having this problem with no reason for it because i am using the same configuration and the same kernel patch level as before and it was working fine.

The problem is that the transport log says that it is cancelling with RC=12, after doing a subsequent transport it is ok but it is very anoying to transport every request twice.

This is the error:

######################################

Execution of programs after import (XPRA)

Transport request : IODK903010

System : IOP

tp path : tp

Version and release: 372.03.35 700

Temporary log /usr/sap/trans/tmp/IODR903010.IOP not found

Execution of programs after import (XPRA)

End date and time : 20080912132512

Ended with return code: ===> 12 <===

######################################

The import phase is ok but after this is requesting this temporary file which is not created in the /tmp o it has been deleted.

I don't know why this is happening since it was working fine and nothing was changed in the system.

Could any body help with this specific error? as i said the trasport is fine after a second go.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally, this error is caused by the incorrect configuration of the DIR_TRANS directory.

We can get information in SM51, regarding central system and application servers.

In the central instance, it has to access the DIR_TRANS successfully.In the application servers the DIR_TRANS in tcode AL11 also it has to be accessed.

If it doesn't get accessed in application servers you get the error like The system gives that no data is found.

For this make sure that all application servers have the access to the transport directory.

Here is two notes attached for your reference:

45516 tp error: no temporary protocol ...

201199 Cannot access file

This will help you in clearing the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep Srigiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should most probably be an issue with the network communication as the second go is fine and see if you could give full permissions ot the log file.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, but i am still having the same problem.

As you said i have gave it full permission to the directories /usr/sap/trans/log and /usr/sap/tran/tmp.

I had the same result, as far as the import phase is always done succesfully i don't think this is a network problem.

It keeps failing in the same point all the time.

I would appreciate if anyone can help

Regards,