cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking to a view, using inbound plugs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have enhanced a component, using transaction BSP_WD_CMPWB. I've created a new view, and a new inbound plug for the window.

Now I want to create a link in the navigation bar, that would display the new view.

I managed to create the link and relate it to the inbound plug, but I don't know how to get from the window's inbound plug to the view.

How can it be done?

Best regards,

Udi Dekel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try assigning the newly created view to the window in Runtime repository.

Regards,

chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you both for answering.

In the Repository Editor, I've added to the window both the view and the inbound plug I've created. But I couldn't find the follow-up navigation - how can I get to it?

I tried to add a new navigation link, but it only connects 2 views - I couldn't find the window in there.

So how should it be done?

Best regards,

Udi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all create a navigational link.

As source view you can add your window (use F4 help).

As target you can add any view that is assigned to a window.

To create the follow-up navigation go to the runtime respository editor -> windows -> "yourWindow" -> right click on inbound plug -> add plug with follow-up navigation.

Here you fill in a name for the plug and the name of the navigational link you created.

Regards,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

The navigaion link links between outbound and inbound plugs, so I created an outbound plug for the window, and the link links between that and the view's inbound plug.

I also created a follow-up navigation plug, wrote the navigation link, and in the target I wrote the window and it's outbound plug (I didn't really understand what's the target for).

Is that correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the follow-up navigation you do not need to insert a target view. Just insert the navigational link.

When you call the inbound plug of the window, the environment checks whether there exists a follow-up navigation of that inbound plug. If true, then the navigational link is called directly and opens the target view.

In the navigational link you do not need a outbound plug of the window, important is, that you have the window as source and the view as target.

Regards,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the Runtime Repository Editor of the component you can add a inbound plug with follow up navigation for the window.

The follow up navigation calls a navigational Link (also defined in Runtime Repository Editor) where you can navigate from window to your new view.

Best regards,

Claudia