cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch FIFO delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Production entry made batch wise and my client want to dispatch (601) on FIFO basis .

How to get batches in FIFO basis.

please help.

saravanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether the selection criterion characteristic value is filled up in all the batches. Probably you might have added a new characteristic to your class and after this is done only one batch might have been created.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GSL,

I have kept sorting charactristics on batch number .

Any clue?

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to see all the batches if you select w/o class selection in Batch Determination screen. Also check whether there are batches available in the specific storage location.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GSL,

Yes , i could see all the batches in sorted way in bathc determination screen and also , could enter the values in split quantity field .

Whether , do i have to proceed like this only, or batches will be listed automatically in batch split section itself.

Note : i have not activated availability check for my scenerio , here it is not required.

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GSL ,

Once i activated the availability check , my batch started coming ascending .

thanks for tips.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming that the batch carries manufacturing date and expiry dates as characteristics, then you can create a sorting rule in SPRO (Transaction code CU70), in which you can select LOBM-VFDAT (Batch expiry date) as characteristics and Ascending order can be selected. Assign this sort sequence in your batch search condition type.

Or otherwise, as proposed before, you can use batch receipt date in the sort rule to pick the batch. Or you can also use batch manufacturing date MCHA-HSDAT field as characteristics in Sort rule to pick the first produced batch to deliver first.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to shivram and GSL .

When i go to VL01N , i am getting only one batch ( very first one ) , instead of all batches in ascending .

Any clue? where went wrong.

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Date of last goods receipt (MCH1-LWEDT) for sorting. Create a batch search strategy (VCH1) so that the batches will be automatically picked up in delivery.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u want batches in FIFO.

While Issuing the material from Production to Storage Location use Expiry date.

Batches will work in FIFO basis based on the Expiry date.

Reg

Subramanian.Ramasamy