cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premature generation of call against the Multiplle counter plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Gurus

Client has created PM Plan to generate a PM order for every 500 Hrs or 120 Days based on the last completed PM Work Order.

The plan has a Call 1 which is having the Reference Date was set to the 23.07.2008 and an Hour Meter reading of 1500 Hours was recorded at this time. (Via Notification linked to this Work Order)

Since then no further Hour Meters have been recorded and under this scenario, then system would then refer to the Annual Hour Estimate to determine if the Service should be due on hours or days depending on which comes first?

If I am right in this assumption then I can see that the Annual Hour Estimate for the Equipment linked to this plan is 1500 Hours which then should indicate that the truck on average works 4.1 Hours a day (1500/365) and hence would require 120 days to be due again. The system has made the next PM Plan due on the 21.09.08 which is 60 days from the last PM Work Order which I cannot understand why?

If any one could explain me why the system has generated it after 245 days is greatly appriciated.

Can you confirm please is it required to post at least one measuring document against the counter after scheduling of Multiple counter plan for proper working of plan??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We are closing the issue as we have resolved the issue by programatically. Thanks for your all replies.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please tell us how?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pete

Customer has done " Z " development related to multiple counter plan. In that ABAP coding was wrong that is identified my our ABAP person & corrected the same & problem is solved.

Regards

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback.

Message to all: For future reference: it is useful (if you know) to tell us in your very first post that you have some customer developments.

PeteA

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you specify when you have scheduled the maintenance plan and the initial counter reading for start of cycle .

Also system will calculate the planned date based on Annual estimate and current counter reading .system will adjust the dates based on the current performance

kindly refer the following [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/3c/abb413413911d1893d0000e8323c4f/content.htm]

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the customer has scheduled the plan on 07.07.2006. In that plan he is having only two counter one is Day (Time based- Automatically counted & not required to update reading). Hour Meter for Truck(Needs updation through Measurement documents). intial counter reading was 0 & he has not entered single reading against the second counter.

According to him system should consider the Annual estimation reading for deciding next planing date which is righit.

I have conducted two trials

1. Created plan like him. Scheduled but not entered any reading. The plan is giving same problem during processing.

2. Created plan like him, Scheduled & posted one measurement document after scheduling of it. The checked & found that the pproblem is solved & that plan is not giving any error for premature scheduling.

So My question is there a need of posting at least a single measurment reading document on counter after scheduling of that plan?

Regards

Makarand Gurjar

Former Member
0 Kudos

just general information,

What should i change the setting sothat i should able to receive the posted question regarding Enterprise Asset Management? I would also like to contribut in answering the questions posted on SDM forum.

Thanks

Makarand Gurjar

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

if you have not entered any measurement document system will ask for the same while scheduling using IP10 .kindly check

it is better you post one measurement document before scheduling .

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Makarand,

You have to login, then go to forums select Enterprise Asset Management. There you can see related questions of PM and CS. There and then you can sahre you knowledge wih others,

Regards

Srinivas Nandiswar