cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring files in MII12.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to move the folders from MII12.0 development to MII 12.0 Production server . I tried using export but , it transfers one file at a time .It does not transfer whole folder

Is there any easy migration in MII 12.0 like 11.5 in which we could move all Lighthammer and inetpub folders .

Thanks

Namita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namita,

the easiest way to "deploy" MII files from development to production is to use the Export functionality in "System Management > Projects" in the Development Environment, and the Import functionality of the same tab in the Production Environment.

The Export of a project (that represents a folder in the MII workbench) creates a zip file with all files in the selected folder (=project) and its subfolders. Use this zip file and import it in the production. All folders and files inside the zip file are then imported. Files that are not included in the zip and already exist in the target folder will be unchanged.

That is working very well, so did you use the same functionality? Or did you use another structure for your project files?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the solution

I was trying from work bench . I right clicked the project and there is no export option and there is export option on web files and transactions under the particular project .

Thanks

Namita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Namita,

you can use both the export at project level from the System Management menu (click on the package icon to start the export), or use the export function inside the MII workbench.

I usually use the workbench export to extract single files, and the project export to transfer a complete project.

If you want to only transfer specific subfolders / files inside the project folder, extract the project and open it in your ZIP browser. Then delete everything except that folders / files you want to import into your target server. MII only changes folders and files that are included in the ZIP file. This function is very helpful when you want to deploy a new functionality or a subset of an existing project.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael

Answers (0)