cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Sample Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have 2 plants. At the time of GR, in one of the plants we want to create physical samples and in another plant we do not want to create physical samples.

In such a scenario, do i have a create a new inspection type (copy of 01 inspection type) with physical sample type field blank. My understanding is that system creates physical sample based on the value filled in Physical Sample Type in Inspection Type customizing.

Is there any other way to control physical sample creation?

Thanks & Regards

TOM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tom,

As per your question , i feel that you are facing the problem of Inspection lot creation. It is very simple....

1. Plant A ( You like to create Physical Sample ) : Go to Material Master view --> Go to Inspection Setup --> Set inspection Type '15' 'Inspection of Physical samples'- --> Select the Active field and 'SAVE'

2. Plant B (You don't like to create Physical Sample) : No need to set above settings.

3. Make the inspection plan for plant A with the header data--> Inspection Point '200'. Use Sampling procedures if required.

4. Now you can create the Physical Samples from T-Code 'QPR1' and if you want to create inspection lot then go to 'QPR5' and create the Inspection Lot .

Please give the feed back if you have other opinion about it.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pl chek the inspection plan you have option.

in the plan header data you have option to select the physical sample related settings,

parameters for dynamic modification/inspection point.

inspection point.here you can decide your business scenario.

Mr Shyamal Joshi also give clear solution,

pl try

-ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, TOM, Create two different inspection plans.

for example

I.Plan ABC plant 1000 I.Plan DEF plant 1001 - For Plant 1000 where you want the physical samples, at the header level of the inspection plan ABC, enter the inspection points that refers to physical samples (e.g. 200 - Inspection point for phys. sample) - For Plant 1001 where you don't want the physical samples, at the header level of the inspection plan DEF, enter the inspection points that don't refers to physical samples (e.g. 100 - Freely-defined inspection point) - Now system will do exactly as you asked for, no need to change/create any configuration. Regards, Shyamal