cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Adapter Throwing Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using a sender email adapter. But its throwing the following error.

error occured: exception caught during processing mail message; java.io.IOException: invalid IMAP status response; not finding * STATUS, but 001I NO The requested item could not be found.

Can somebody let me know why does this happen? I'm using IMAP4, XIPAYLOAD and Plain Authentication mode.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Yes, this error is coming in the adapter monitor in the Runtime Workbench.

error occured: exception caught during processing mail message; java.io.IOException: invalid IMAP status response; not finding * STATUS, but 001I NO The requested item could not be found.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not faced this, but why are you Not using SMTP?

Anyways you have a look at the OSS note, meanwhile i am thinking of other possible reasons.

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Just for your interest : I had same issue and it was due to a incorrect URL in the mail adapter ( I used my mailbox name and didn't specify the IMAP folder INBOX 😞

e.g. imap://mailserver/INBOX

worked for me ( the individual mailbox is apparently found via the username/password ) with microsoft exchange as mail server

hope it can still helps anyone,

regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the error in adapter monitor?Can you tell me what do you see in adapter monitor in Runtime Workbench.

Did you refer the mail adapter faq for xi 3.0

May be you can recheck the settings there , refer oss note 856599, under sender mail adapter.

Regards,

Anirban.