Over head Key

Over head groups.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activity allocation:

In SAP, standard cost estimate considers 3 parameters while calculating the cost of the material. Those are1. Material 2. Operation ( Activity) and 3. Over head.

Activity allocation is deals with operation hours requied to produce the product. Through Cost center and Routing, we need to allocate the activity to the product.

Over head key:

Overhead key is being used in Costing sheet for over head calculation. Find below the business example for clarification about OH key.

I have a material and it is being used in 2 plants. In the 1st plant, my OH % is 20 and in my sencond plant OH % is 25. The requirement is, while performing Std Cost Estimate, system should explore the OH cost according to above mentioned % for the plants A and B. To achieve the same, we need to use Over head key. Create the over head keys with the values of 20% and 25% and create 2 OVERHEAD GROUPs and assign the over head keys to them.Assign the overhead keys or groups to costing sheet. Then assign the costing sheet to Costing varient. Then, go to Material master (MM02) and costing view and assign the 20% OVER HEAD GROUP in plant1 and assign the over head group 2 to plant 2. Now, if you run the std cost estimate, system will do over head calculation according to over head groups assigned to material master.

I hope, this answer helps.

Vijayanand Sankaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon ,

Overhead group in costing 1 screen will combine all indirect cost required for production . So that cost of Finished product = cost of raw mat + prod . overhead + mat overhead + activity cost .

This activity will be created by costing guy and will be assigned by us in routing so that syste will capture planned cost . For example labor , machine , setup are activities in prod.

After confirmation of prod . order you can see planned and actual cost comparison on header level .

Neal ( PP consultant )

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

over head key is used for calculation over head for raw material, for this u need over head group. this over head group u have to assaign material master record costing view1,

assaign points if useful

raj