cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Coding Mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

our scenario is this:

the project definition number is 1314XX080000,in which 1314 is fixed, xx is the abbreviation of project type, 08 is the year and 0000 is the Serial Nomber.

Suppose a template project number is 1314xx080012. When i create a project through copying the template(suppose the new project number is 1314xx080015), the last two number 15 is not substituted by 12 automatically, i have to choose the mass change to change 12 into 15.

so,why it just substitute ten number not twelve. how can i make it possible?

thanks!

regards,

tiger wu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you even defined the substitution rule, I doubt. If you did what field??

Please update.

Arya

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry,we've defined in validation instead of substitution that if the project profile is XXXX then the coordinate project number should be start with "1314".

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two major parts in coding mask. First five (max.) character length is Project ID. This is I believe 1314 in your case. after this please use a seperator such as -,.,/ so that you can clearly identify prject number. I think XX080000 is the number that you want to identify project number. While you copy from a template system should replace the original template number with new number that you give. While you are creating prject from template, system will come with a screen which will have the WBS Elements of the template. You will have to click on 'replace' button to replace old number with new number. This happens in case there are conflicts.

Please let me know if this helps. In case you have more doubts, please let me know the procedure you are adopting to create a new project with template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer.

But in our project, 1314 is not defined as Project ID. We use validation to ensure that the project type"technology" begins with 1314. In short, there is no configuration in project coding mask.

when creating a new project from Cj20n through copying the template 1314xx080012, we just want the template number 1314xx080012 can be replaced by the new project number (e.g.1314xx080013,1314xx080015).

regards,

tiger wu

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you got substitute autmatically ticked in project profile??