cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a KBZI order and the material in the order is a service materialu2026.still it is asking for storage locationu2026.could you please let me know which field in the material master controls the storage location.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (56)

Answers (56)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

You maintain the Material Master as a Service Master for AC01.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great and Inspiring,

A quire which was once asked and forgotten 3 Years back is still responded religiously, hope all the prompt replies and responses have made Swetha land in Moon, as she has not even responded after her initial Posting.

Well kudos to the spirit, and think this is the right place for me to search and seek as well.

Thanks and regards

S Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check

RMMG1-LGORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enter MM03, Enter your material code. Then Check storage location for ep in MRP2 and Production storage location in MRP2. and then extend it into plant/data storage view

Thanks

Ashish Jain,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swetha Telkar ,

Please extend the material view via t/code MM50. Then you see all the view for said material in t/code MM03. You also can assign those material to respective stor. loc via t/code MMSC. You can vie the detaild of each material vie material list (MM60). Hope this beneficial to u. TQ

rgds,

nema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extend the Material from any other Material , which is assigned to a storage location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MM02 go to purchasing tab there remove the storage location for the material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One new business Scenario is applicable in my company-how can i configure in sap mm --

i wants Goods receipt without Purchase Order and after that i invoice to apecific party after goods receipt. can it possible in SAP.

2. I receipt less goods agianst PO item, but invoice total PO quantity basis. It is possible in SAP -- to give vendor payment of full quantity of PO item but deduct from Frieght, but Fright is not fix. Daily Frieght condition (value) will be change as per market condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to GR with out PO, Use 501 moment type to post GR without reference PO.

Note: To post invoice either of PO or GR is mandatory. we can post IR either of using PO or GR.

And also you should have to change the friegt in PO on daily basis.

Thansk,

Saran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Frieght charges have to update in info record> in condition tab> choose frieght

It is for vendor,material, pur.org combination

Thanks,

Saran Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One new business Scenario is applicable in my company-how can i configure in sap mm --

i wants Goods receipt without Purchase Order and after that i invoice to apecific party after goods receipt. can it possible in SAP.

2. I receipt less goods agianst PO item, but invoice total PO quantity basis. It is possible in SAP -- to give vendor payment of full quantity of PO item but deduct from Frieght, but Fright is not fix. Daily Frieght condition (value) will be change as per market condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shweta !

If you want create service order - create services with AC 01 & Maintain item category "D" in Purchase order at item overview.

regards,

Vaibhav D.

shuvankar_mondal
Participant
0 Kudos

GOTO MM42 -

> DC logistics view and store view

you will get it.

Rgds

Shuva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In material master MRP2,maintained the field "Prod. stor. location",then try,hope its work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have used transaction MMSC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I guess in the order the account assignment has not been done..Plz check the account assignment category, as if its a service then order needs to be assigned with the same & if the order is account assigned then at the time of GR there is no question of storage location.

Rgds,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I understand that it is asking for storgae location in sap while creating a PO.

Though in SAP, MARD table controlls storgae location data. I think you need to go to 0X09 tcode and

enter your plant name and find out which storgae location you want to enter.

I think this clarified your doubt.

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul puranik has given you correct answer

addition to that go to field selection group of that po type and make store location optional.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!

maybe you can check the material type whether it is assigned to service material or not.

i hope it is helpful to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha,

You mentioned that this is a service and nopt a material. Does this item have a master record? Is it a material master with material type: DIEN or a service master record.

You need to create the PO for service always with item category D. Also go to the config for External services. Go into the PO part and check if you have made storage location as a required field??

Thanks

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You have to check in Table - MARD for which storage location that material is created.

If not then create a material with T.Code - MM01, by selecting views plant/storage data and extend the material in required SLoc.

But if you do not want to extend material everytime, then activate Automatic creation of Storage location for that plant.

But dear as you were asked about service matrial in that case you should create a service master trough T.Code - AC01 not material master.

With Regards,

Patanjali Bhagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I will sugggest u to check field referance & verify whearher Sloc is mandatory or not?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls chec Material Type for required Material No. ( Used in your PO). ideally it should be DIEN. But it seems , you have used some other Material Type when creating Material No. representing requested Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Use the right material type for service purpose.

DIEN is material type for service.

Give account assignments and item category properly.

Even after this all, if u get the error...copy the material type of Non stock (NLAG) and create your own material type for service purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

You can note the error message number and make it as a warning in SPRO system messages and you can proceed without entering storage location number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Go to T.code MM03 enter material no then select plant/storage view 1 then select org level then enter plant & storage location. Field name is LGORT.

Regards

ksk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check wheather plant stroage data 1 & 2 views extended to this material or not.

If not plz create this two views for that material & specify the storage location.

Please check in MMSC & get clarity about the storage locations avail for this material.

Then provide relevant storage location while creating PO & Proceed.

If storage Location data not needed to that material for taht PO,better you can change in IMG setting that Storage location field as a Optional entry & proceed.

I hope it will help you,

Mega

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shweta,

While creating the Material master please enter in the organisational levels popup screen,plant and storage location.You have to select storage location data in the respective views if you have selected the views and entered the storage location. Please try...

Regards

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

Execute - mm01

choose view - General Plant Data / Storage 1 , here you can maintain storage location for particular plant .

jinoy