cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prcoess chain failrure at AND process step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a global process chain wherein we are loading data from two infopackages and that is then followed by an AND event for further data activation steps.

This chain has been working fine for months. All of a sudden, for the past three nights in a row, the AND event has been throwing an error as soon as the first of the initial local chains completes. The error is 'This AND process is not waiting for event RSPROCESS, parameter...,' and then it goes on to give the parameter associated with the predecessor chain that has completed. The AND event turns red and does not trigger the subsequent processes when all of the predecessor chains complete. Also, the repeat option does not work. The subsequent processes have to be kicked off manually.

Any suggestions for how to correct this problem?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have had just the same problem with the process chain. Nothing had been changed and suddenly it didn't work any more.

I have tried:

1) activate and reschedule the process chain again. --> didn't work

2) Delete the AND-event and insert a new one into your process chain, activate and schedule it again. --> The AND-event worked normally and triggered the subsequent processes again.

It seemed a problem about the techn. name of the AND-event. With the help of 2) the system has generated a different techn. name. So it works again now.

Hope it is helpful.

Best regards

YY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know problem is solved by new creation.

But check these notes:

Correction: Error in AND process after restart

SAP Note Number: [1083103|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_whm/~form/handler]

SAP Note [850668|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1kZSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=850668] Correction: No multiple triggers after RSPROCESS event

Regards

Andreas

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think this issue will be resolved by removing the process chain from schedule and then schedule it once again. In this run you won't get the error.

Thanks & Regards,

Muthu Lakshmi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check your transport, if someone transported a process chain and its components on the day before your problems started. For me it looks like an transport induced Problem. Perhaps someone created a process chain in developement and - by coincidence - got the same Process name for his AND than you were using in productive.

If the offending process chain was transported from developement to productive, you can simply try if it is working in developement and transport it to productive. This should fix your problem.

If it is build in productive, you should rebuild and reactivate it and check for errors. Perhaps replace the AND with a new one.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tyagi,

It is better to check the rum time of a process how it ran 3 nights before & from last 3 nights.

The local chain process is taking time it seems & that might be the reason the subsequent process thru AND process is not getting triggered.

check the times of the processes & try to give delay at the AND process for the subsequent process to start after completion of the predecessor process.

This issue might be due to the differences in the run time taken before & now.

Check it & revert if you find some solution.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you already try to activate and schedule the whole process once again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If anyone please help me out.