cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golden client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

BY mistake i had created material master in Golden client.

what can be consequences for this.

I did it becoz i was not aware that it is golden client. and i think golden is restricted to Transaction and only allow configuration change. but in my golden client creating master data is also allowed .

What can i do now.

LISA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know whether in genral case GOLden Client is locked for Transaction i.e creating Master data or not.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa, All of first understand the golden master client. "Golden client contains all the configuration data and master data so some extent. All the configuration settings are done in golden clients and then moved to other clients. Hence this client acts as a master record for all transaction settings, hence the name "Golden Client"." So it is not mandatory to lock the client for any master data creation. But it should be the something I called a "SIP:-SELF IMPOSED DISCIPLINE" of maintaining the client neat. You don't run any transaction or even use the SAP Easy Access screen on the 100 (golden) client. This is a configuration only client. Now upon a successful transport by the Basis guy, you have all the configuration in the Testing client, just as it is in the Golden client. The configuration remains in sync between these two clients. So if we will start creating the data/transactions in it, the purity related to the configuration may harm. So as conclusion, I would say,,,, - Don't get mess-up,it's not a crime, you have created a material, by mistake, and there is no pure human on this earth who has not committed any mistake, So don't panic due to it. But as precarious & corrective action, just put a deletion flag at client level for that material (trx code is MM60) - And if you think that this kind of mistake may happen in future also, not by you again but some one else even, then talk to your basis guy, provide him the list of transactions you wish to lock. and they will do the rest. Now, the decision id yours, if the the Self discipline can't be imposed, then you can lock the client. For any query pls revert, Regards, Shyamal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think its a problem of Basis Peoples they should have restricted it for creating master data.

AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

You should create any masterdata in Golden Master client. It is for only customizing only.

By mistake if you have created some master data, donot worry. That will effect anything.

Only ensure you donot create any data and do test here. Keep it reserved only for customizing.

Srini