cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate non-sap application with sap netweaver trial abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I currently have with me SAP Netweaver ABAP trial (SAP Netweaver 7.0 ABAP trial) and Mini SAP BASIS 4.6 D. What i want to do is to see how can i integrate my non-SAP application with SAP.

I am confused as to if using SAP Netweaver ABAP trial, will i be able to establish that. Can anyone guide me in this regard.I want to connect using JCO basically, want to write a java client that will be talking with the SAP application. Provide me a starting point.

Will i require a Deployed SAP application as well to do this, or will Netweaver ABAP Trial do the job, will i also have to expose the business objects using BAPI.

Please help.

Please point out the right forum to post the question if this is not the right one.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so i can call BAPI using JCO and JCO will internally invoke those using RFC.

Now SE37 in Sap Netweaver ABAP trial 7.0 invokes function builder. I checked the table TSTC to get all transaction codes and details but still cannot find the list of BAPI functions exposed. Any thing else i need to look for ?.

Regards.

0 Kudos

In SE37 you can list all funcions and find RFC related ones or filter by Function Group and choose the ones wıth bapi in definition. Second method is BAPI as transaction code for more visual view of bapis with explorer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for asking again and again. Ok now i have the list of available BAPIs. I have JCO version 1.1.02 which came with older SAP Mini Basis 4.6 D.

I am not able to run any sample code that connects with sap. It always gives errors of logon failure "FC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name or password is incorrect " or "RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed".

Can anyone help.

using JCO.Client client = JCO.createClient("000", "BCUSER", "minisap", "EN", "192.168.0.117", "00");" and then client.connect() where the IP is the where netweaver abap trial is installed gives logon failure

Similarly using other overloaded createClient also gives error.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally i was able to connect to SAP using JCO. The problem of password was solved. I changed the password to all uppercase and the problem resolved. This i found in one the the posts here but is really strange.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Faisal, you can integrate your 3rd party applications thru .Net connector or JCO. I have tried JCO with NW2004s Abap Trial edition and it has succeeded. You can call available BAPI's thru RFC. You can observe list of available bapis under NSP by transaction SE37.

Best Regards.

Can Durakci