cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost center not getting populated while raising vender invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our unit testing for asset accounting, we are not able to raise vender invoice as the cost center from the asset master is not populating while posting the transaction.

The asset G/L got cost element catgory 90.

We are in to profit center accounting. Because there is no cost center in the transaction, the profit center is not getting picked asell. Hence we can't post the transaction.

We have one chart of accounts for all the company codes. We are able to post the transactions for other company code.

Any help is much apriciated.

Thank you

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the Profit center is assigned in the cost center and that cost center has to be assigned in the Asset master.

While Acquisition you credit vendor and debit asset here you can not see the cost center but you can see the Asset no and in the more tab you can see the profit center. These things are seen in the second line item.

Also check whether profit center is activated.

Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

thanks for the quick responce.

The cost center has been assigned with the asset master.

The profit center has been assigned in same cost center.

I can see the empty and deactivated cost center and profit center fields while posting the transaction.

Normally it should have been populated from the asset master.

As these fields are deacvtivated, i can not really input any data at the time of vender invoice.

Any more help will be apriciated.

thank you

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

The proces you are doing is not a standard solution and I don't think this information is taken standard from the asset.

Have a look if there is a userexit or substitution (OBBH) that fills these fields in the posting.