cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format and output device/device type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How is the format (X_PAPER, X_65_255 etc) related to the output device or device type in spool report? Is any of these parameters related to the system user ?

Thanks,

Pranati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you fire a print, system checks the device type/output device for that specific printer. It checks whether the page format X_PAPER, X_65_255 is available for that device type. Accordingly it would print which means even if you have give A3 size paper in Smartform but the device type is not assigned with A3 size paper then system would give an error message.

You can check the device types & page formats assigned to them using SPAD transaction.

Best regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you for your reply. When i executed a report in background, i gave the Output Device as LOCL, and then again in another excution of the same report gave it as WFC_128. On both these occations, the spool number entry in TSP01 is showing me output device as LP01 and page format as X_PAPER. I am puzzled..

Thanks,

Pranati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you recheck it again, (TSP01) it will show only the device which you have given for printing .

Am not sure, there may be a custom code which is gettting triggered after you enter output device in the pop up, in which defualt is set as LP01.

Check it again.

Regards,

Naveen