cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls ...I need help re: "cannot create database"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP and I am having a trouble installing my SBO to my laptop, after completing the installation of my SQL server express edition, I tried to install the SAP business one. But when I am already at the server installation the message "cannot create database" appears. What seem to be the problem?

I tried the same process with my desktop yet I never encountered such problem, I was able to install the system successfully.

Please.... any help on this regard will be very much appreciated!

Thanks to all of you!

Edited by: Erdie Gonzales on Sep 15, 2008 4:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the following link as well :

Regards,

Jitin Chawla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked on the thread that you gave me and follow whatever advice available but still wont able to create any database. To give you more info, I only encounter this problem on my laptop, the first time I do it was successful, since I jst get my license key, I tried to un-install SBO from my laptop ang re-install it again and the problem arise . I never encounter this problem whenever I install the SBO to desktop.

Any idea what is the problem?

Calling all experts here...need your help really!

Thanks!

Erdie

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Erdie,

There is no difference what so ever between a laptop or a desktop. I think the files from the first installation are still on your laptop and are causing the issue.

You would probably need to clean all installation files and then re-install.

marcella_rivi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Erdie,

Can you please check if the note n. 946676 is the explaination to your issue? Thank you

Kind Regards,

Marcella Rivi

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda,

I guess you have it right, I cleaned all my files and am able to continue my installation. Thanks for your help and to all out there who also give their insights on the problem I had. I appreciate it very much, thank you guys, and more power to all of you.

Erdie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if Business One can be installed on the SQL Server Express. This might be causing the problem.

former_member541807
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello erdie...

i think you wrongly installed your MS SQL Server... in the installation it prompts you to have server componets or client only... usually if you are using win xp the server components is disabled..try to install MS SQL Server Developers Edition if you have....

hope it helps....

FIDEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fidel,

Thanks for the reply, I will try to re-install the MS SQL server..Thanks again.

Erdie