cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infoview SSO Error for some users

Former Member
0 Kudos

SSO is setup for Infoview which works for some users and doesn't for others. We have compared users and they all are added to the same groups in AD so can't understand why it doesn't work. They get this error below when trying to access the site;

HTTP Status 401 -

type Status report

description This request requires HTTP authentication ().

Apache Tomcat/5.0.27

The users can access Infoview via the login page but must enter their usernames in the following format - SmithJ

For example smithj doesn't work.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I'm confused on the one hand you say SSO and 401 (and SSO error) and the other you mention manual logon by typing a username.

As Ted mentioned you must upgrade your java SDK to 1.5.x.x in order to use case INsensitive usernames.

However if this is SSO then case should not be an issue.

OK so I gather this is XIR2 SSO via vintela? Let me know if I'm wrong.

For SSO - A good couple of tests would be like so.

You have computerA and computerB, being used by userA and userB respectively.

Lets say userA/computerA is working and userB/ComputerB is not (the error above). Where does the problem go if you switch user/computers (i.e userA/computerB work/noand visa versa userB/computerA). There are some issues that occur in the workstation/profile and others that are due to settings on the user account.

A few other things to check...

Total # of AD groups the user belongs to (this is not mapped groups in the CMC but rather all AD groups in the MMC) If you see a pattern where the problem is with user accounts that belong to more overall groups then increase the http header in the server.xml (should have been set to 16384 in the initial set up)

If the problem seems to be the workstation check the control panel/user accounts/advanced/manage passwords and verify no incorrect passwords are here.

There is also an issue with an old Microsft patch for kerberos that forces the port# in the URL to append to SPN requests, this will create a mismatch in client requests/SPN and has been kbased in SAP notes.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

We saw this error when the user's browser wasnt set up to use Windows Integrated authentication.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In IE6 enaled Enable Integrated Windows Authentication. Close & Open the brower.

Checked SSO Java Infoview URL. It works.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah just had to ensure users had the following selected in internet explorer under advanced settings ;

Enable Integrated Windows Authentication (requires restart)

That has fixed the problem.

Thanks,

Ben

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I think this is a known issue with Java JVM 1.4 - Windows AD authentication user names are case sensitive.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda