cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Specific Tolerance in LIV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Most of the vendors in our company code has tolerance of 5 % for which we configured in OMR6- PP for company code level. Now we have few vendors who does not have any tolerance limit. I configured new vendor specific tolerance group for these vendor with no tolerance limit and assigned them in their vendor master. During LIV system is still picking 5 % tolerance limit (which is company code level) for these vendors and posting invoice.

Example: Company level tolerance in OMR6 in key PP is 5 %

VENDOR : A - No Tolerance group assigned in vendor master.

Line item 10 . PO price 100.

Invoice Price 103 with No taxes.

LIV: system posted invoice with.

Vendor : B- Vendor specific tolerance group ZTOL with tolerance limit of 0 % which is assigned in vendor master.

Line item 10 PO Price 100

Invoice Price 103 with no taxes.

LIV: system still posted Invoice. ..Please tell me is there any other config that I am missing inorder system pick this vendor specific tolerance.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sara.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sara,

did u find the answer for this thread? can u plz explain in detail if u have found the answer.

thanks in advance

shreek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have indicated that Vendor specific tolerance group ZTOL with tolerance limit of 0 % has been assigned in vendor master. Inorder to pick this Vendor specific tolerances, you have to assign a value less than the value maintained at the Company code level in the tolerance key (PP).

In Vendor Specific tolerances, the system uses the following logic:

1. The system determines the difference between the net invoice amount (= gross invoice amount less taxes and unplanned delivery costs) and the net total of the items.

If the net invoice amount is the greater, the difference is positive; if the net invoice amount is the smaller, the difference is negative.

2. Negative differences:

a) If the negative difference is smaller than the absolute negative small difference limit defined, the system generates a posting to a small differences account for this difference.

b) If the negative difference is greater than the absolute small difference limit defined, the system checks if the absolute difference is smaller than the lower of the absolute and percentage lower limits.

If this is the case, the system creates a posting to a small differences account.

If this is not the case, the system cannot post the invoice.

3. Positive differences:

a) If the positive difference is smaller than the positive small difference limit defined, the system generates a posting to a small differences account for this difference.

b) If the positive difference is greater than the positive small difference limit defined and the Check limit field isnot selected for total-based invoice reduction, the system checks whether the positive difference is smaller than the lower of the absolute and percentage upper limits.

If this is the case, the system creates a posting to a small differences account.

c) If the positive difference is greater than the positive small difference limit defined and the Check limit field is selected for total-based invoice reduction, the system checks if the difference is smaller than the lower of the absolute and percentage upper limits for total-based invoice reduction.

If this is the case, the system generates a posting to a clearing account for invoice reduction and creates a credit memo document.

If no tolerance group is assigned to a vendor or if no tolerances have been specified for the assigned tolerance group, the system creates a difference line if the difference is smaller than the tolerance defined for tolerance key BD.

Regards,

Narayana.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in Trxn code OBA3 Vendor / Customer Tolerances once.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I tried OBA3 and found Tolerance for Payment advices. I am not sure this could be the place where I can configure vendor-specific tolerance for invoice. Thanks for replay. Could you please tell me how vendor-specific tolerance in LIV works?

Sara.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sara,

Pls check your Purchase Info record for the vendor and material combination....

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

AWARD IF HELPFULL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried looking at Info record and did not find any thing that can be help there. My understanding on how Vendor-specific tolerance works was the way I explained in my firs post. Could you please tell me on how this functionality works.

Thanks,

Sara.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Check the link, it may help you:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/a8/b9976b452b11d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Priyanka.P

AWARD IF HELPFULL