cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese language support in WDP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to pick up the Chinese characters from database and show it on WDP UI. On UI it all shows as junk characters.... How can I enable my WDP Application to show the Chinese characters correctly...

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

u can do internationalization for web dynpro application

follow this doc:[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c6cfad90-0201-0010-a5b8-8f9486346059]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2d/e7381138a8d2458f1f4fac32614f71/content.htm]

hpe it hlps

Regards

Khushboo

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Khushboo : Your answer is regarding the I18N of the WDP application. But my requirement is only to READ the chinese characters from oracle db and show on WDP UI.

@Deepak: I guess your solution is right. I noticed that even in the db the Chinese characters are stored as some junk. I think once the db setting is done for Chinese language then WDP application too will show the same characters on UI correctly.I will have to check with our db admin. If the answer is correct then I will award the points and close the discussion.

Thanks to both of you !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in Dbase i think encoding scheme is there, they need to set that one.

BY the way if u want to manage from application side that u can do with the help of following code:-

import java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException;

public class MultiLingualUtil {

/**This method will convert the String to UTF-16 Unicode String */

public static String convertToUnicodeString(String strMessage){

String tempUnicodeMessage = null;

try {

tempUnicodeMessage = new String(strMessage.getBytes("UTF-16"));

} catch (UnsupportedEncodingException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

return tempUnicodeMessage;

}

/**This method will convert the UTF-16 Unicode String to String */

public static String convertFromUnicodeString(String strUnicode){

String unicodeMessage = null;

try {

unicodeMessage = new String(strUnicode.getBytes(), "UTF-16");

} catch (UnsupportedEncodingException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

return unicodeMessage;

}

}

Hope this may help you...

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

The database was actually OK (only my database client had some problem). The Chinese characters are stored properly in db.

I used the UTF16 method (as described by you above) but the characters are still not appearing as chinese on UI. In fact most of the characters shown on UI now (after using the above method)are Korean :(. And some characters still junk !!!. Any idea whats going on?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K,

I am facing the same problem now. My back end is MySQL, i set the table and the column to utf8 with utf8_general_ci char set.

then i manage to directly add chinese chars into the column, it display with no problem.

but when i use WDP to insert data, it stored and display as "???" in the database.

anyone has some idea here?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I am still stuck on this problem :(. Maybe the problem lies with the EJB W/S. Anybody has any idea if I need to do something specific in EJB W/S for picking up Chinese characters from database properly.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

You answer was helpful.:) Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to pick up the Chinese characters from database and show it on WDP UI----

i have also same requirment long back. At that time Oracle was backend, and we need to pull language specific data.

One thing can be done from the backend. there must be language setting option will be there for the charcater going to store. You can Configure these setting in the DBase to store multi language characters, Better contact DBase Administrator.

2nd solution is from you application if you are trying to store/ read langugare specific data in/from the DBase that you ned to take help of java multilingual API.

But try to do somthing from the Backend side.

Hope this may help.

Regards,

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak Arora on Sep 15, 2008 5:52 AM