cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from CR9 to CR11 R2 and Printronix printer problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently we are in the midst of migrating all of our report for one of our main application from CR 9 to CR11 R2. The entire migrating, importing, as well as publishing for tall the report runs smoothly. We even can view the report once we called up the report from the repository to be displayed in its infoview. But my question is:

1. Is there any way that the report can adjust its size auto once the report been print out? This is because I believe in CR 9, once printed; the report will be automatically adjusted, hence the CR 11 is WYSWYG. This has caused some of the report layout been out-of-margin as well font sizing are not the same anymore (sometimes big and sometimes too small) and not the same as per old (CR 9 version) report.

With this explanation, it is hope you guys or any of your team can give me some solution or advice on how for me to cater this problem.

2. Another thing that I need to clarify with you guys is does CR 11 being supported by Printronix 5000 series of printer? This is because when the same title report when being generated from CR 9 and CR 11 both will come out in a different output/ result.

CR 9 is a readable but yet CR 11 which I believe is a WYSWYG Windows Generic Text driver report application wonu2019t be able to print out nicely as some of the font is smudge and not readable. If this is the case, I need a clarification from you guys as whether the printer is being supported or not?

Is there anyway that you guys can advice me on this issues? Thanks

Edited by: Daniel Wan Zulkefli on Sep 15, 2008 4:31 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Frank. will post the question under the Crystal report forum. Thanks for the advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

I recommend to post this query to the [Crystal Reports Design|; forum.

This forum is dedicated to topics related to the creation and design of Crystal Report documents. This includes topics such as database connectivity, parameters and parameter prompting, report formulas, record selection formulas, charting, sorting, grouping, totaling, printing, and exporting but also installation and registering.

It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Also, all Crystal Reports Design queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Best regards,

Falk