cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not have EDI set up completely but i want to test a standard idoc and check where exactly in the SAP document does the idoc fields are posted to. For example if i have a shpmnt05 idoc, i want to know where in the shipment document(VT02n) do the idoc segment/fields go into? Is there any way to find that out by posting an idoc?

Thanks,

Anju.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may create a test IDoc manually in WE19 transaction. However, some set-up (such as partner profile in WE21) would still be necessary. In any case, normally the fields in the IDoc segment have the same name as the fields in the corresponding tables (VTTK/VTTP for shipments). The field size and description might also clue you in, if the name is different. Look at the IDoc documentation in WE60 transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In the IDOC posting prog, an RFC will be called which will call the T-code VT02N. Then the posting part of the IDOC is taken care of by the BDC. How we manually post the information into the shipment, BDC will do it screen to screen.

Take help of an experienced ABAPer who knows how to work on BDC as it requires some system codes to type manually in debugging.

When you run the BDC in degub mode, then you will come to know what exactly happens in the background.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the existing one to observe how the fields are copied in to segments.

Go to WE05, which gives a list of I Docs, select one(double click) which shows you the segments. click on the segment you want to observe, shows all the data it contains.

We will define in segments which fields it needs to carry. (Technical)

Thanks

Venkat Cheedalla