Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Exit - Enhancement MM06E005 - Transfer input data back to program

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented enhancement MM06E005 to create a subscreen on the PO header. I have created the screen and I see it on the POs tcodes (ME2#n). However, I can't figure out how to "save" the data that the user inputs. By save I mean bringing the data back to the calling program (tcode). When the PO is saved the input data goes away; it is there until the save. I realize that I am missing something but I can't figure how where/how to transfer the data in the FMs EXIT_SAPMM06E_007 and/or EXIT_SAPMM06E_008.

I have read the SAP documentation but that isn't much help. I also have a book from SAP on modifications/enhancements (from an SAP course) and that isn't of any help either.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Davis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chaouki_akir
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

i think you can found an answer to your question in the thread below :

[;

Particularly, the post of Padmam is saying : "You incorporate your customer fields for the Document Header in the INCLUDE CI_EKKODB (in table EKKO)."

Have you add the customer fields (those displayed in the subscreen you create) in the include CI_EKKODB ?

Cordialement,

Chaouki.

9 REPLIES 9

chaouki_akir
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

i think you can found an answer to your question in the thread below :

[;

Particularly, the post of Padmam is saying : "You incorporate your customer fields for the Document Header in the INCLUDE CI_EKKODB (in table EKKO)."

Have you add the customer fields (those displayed in the subscreen you create) in the include CI_EKKODB ?

Cordialement,

Chaouki.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response but, yes, I did. The issue is getting those fields filled.

Regards,

Davis

0 Kudos

OK good luck.

There is also sap notes dealing with standard error program. For example i found the Note 206043 - ME21N MM06E005 user-defined fields are not updated.

Cordialement,

Chaouki.

Edited by: Chaouki AKIR on Sep 14, 2008 11:21 PM

0 Kudos

Yes, I saw that note and got excited until I realized that it isn't valid for systems newer than 4.6c (or b, I forget which). This is the newest system you can possibly get, in North America, (it is a demo system for a company that only does new implementations) so it is up-to-date with all support packs.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just found OSS note 407975 (MM06E005: Collective note: Examples for implementation). So, I am going through that as I am sure this will help me with my problem. If not, I will reopen the question.

Thanks!

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have verified that my code does [essentially] the same thing as the SAP note and it still doesn't carry the values on the save.

Davis

Edited by: Davis on Sep 14, 2008 7:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry for being such a 'pest' (if anybody is even reading this). It turns out that I am storing the values correctly but ME23n does not display them. Therefore, I need to look at my code a bit more to see where I went wrong. I assume I am not transferring my data to the header in the display FM (EXIT_SAPMM06E_007).

Davis

0 Kudos

OK, I finally got it. I needed to add a move-corresponding statement to two FMs. This moved the data, in the customer data screen, to the header structure.

Thanks,

Davis

0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm in same type of situation.Can you provide me the sample code which you have return to get some idea.