cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS Activation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have laoded a full request data into an ODS but the activation process is giving me an error.I have tried activating it manually but no progress. I also tried chaging the settings in the Mangae tab in Activate in Parallel and Get SIDs in parallel but still its not able to activate the request.

When i try to change the error status to green it tells me ...request is already(partially)activated, no further QM action possible.

I have also used the RSODSO_settings tcode and changed the max wait time of a process in Parameter for Activation tab from 300 to 600.

Please help me in this issue as its very critical now. I am doing this activity in Prodn.

Regards

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187400
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I've ever had the same problem like you ..

ODS fail to activate ..

Then i observed and i found the quota for background job in my server was not enough..

so what i did ..

1. t-code rsodso_settings

2. Go to parameter for activation, SID Generation, and Rollback

3. In overthere, i altered Number of processes become 2

4. I switch parallel processing from Background into Dialog.

Then i try to re-trigger it..

Perhaps, you can try what i did.

Hopefully it can help you a lot.

Regards,

Niel.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if there are any Unique indexes on the DSO or if the unique records in the settings is checked.

Regards,

Jb

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the load is succeeful and issue is only with activation, just give a try with following.

Select DSO -> Activate Data

From the next screen select the request, and click "Activate in Parallel" button.

From the next screen, select "Dialog" radio button, and select "PARALLEL_GENERATORS".

No of Processes: __ try with 1, if that does not work then try with 2, otherwise 3

(because totally depends on u r server configuration. Couple of months ago, I faced the same issue. First I tried with 3, then with 2..Finally DSO got activated with 1).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

how long does your job run till it gives the error ? It can take some hours to activate a few million entries, especially if the ODS is set to "reporting". In this case the creation of the SIDs for your entries will take a lot of time, of the entries are all new.

But without some more details, no suggestion possible.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Please let me know the error message that you are getting. Go to Transaction ST22 and check whether there are any short dumps at the time of activation. Check the number of records available in new data table.

Regards,

Shashi