How to apply support package ( SAp component) to existing server?
Can anyone tell me how to apply support package to existing ECC 6 server? say, i have a building block to load, how can i do?
Any responses will be awarded,
Samuel Grevillot replied
Due to complexity of ECC system and the amount of software component (take a look in SPAM and click on "Support Package Level" to see all components), SAP provides to Customers consistent "Support Package Stack". Those stack ensure that you will apply a "risk free" update. For exemple, you're at APPL 8 (APPL is core ECC component) and you need to update to APPL 12. Here, you must apply ECC Support Package Stack 12, that is all required support packages in order to update from APPL8 to APPL12 : BASIS, ABA, PI, ....
Process is quite easy :
- connect on http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks
- select your actual APPL level (the SP stack level) as "start level"
- select required APPL target as target level.
- select component you need (only ECC in you cas I think)
- select your plateform components
- add in the "download basket" selected components.
- download files with SAP Download manager (*)
- apply SP from SPAM transaction (mandant 000 in EN/DE)
(SPAM update should be required before)
I hope this information gave you first steps in you system update process !
(*) Before download, you need Maintenance Optimizer (a Solution Manager tool) in order to "validate" each support package from April 2007 on NW04/NW04s system.