Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Stale Data When Viewing Reports

Hi there,

I'm using Crystal Reports 2005 in Visual Studio .NET 2005, and have a Windows Forms application that displays a Crystal Report using the Report Viewer control, and pulling data from an access database.

I'm running into an issue where the report I'm trying to display seems to be displaying stale data. My application is saving the information correctly to the database, but occasionally when the report is displayed in the report viewer control, it contains the data from prior to the updates being saved to the database. If I click the 'Refresh' button on the report viewer control, the updated data appears.

I've tried several different options -- calling Refresh() on the report object after instantiating it, calling 'RefreshReport()' on the Report Viewer control, making sure the report had the 'Save Data with report' option disabled, calling 'VerifyDatabase()', etc. All to no avail.

Anyone run into this issue before? Is there a setting that I'm just missing somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

replied

Yes, perfect. Now, what happens after:

show the form / CrystalReportViewer control.

To get the new data in the report, are do you do .close and .dispose on the report object, before creating a new instance of the Crystal Report class to be viewed?

And another question. Would you consider sending the dataset to the report directly as opposed to connecting to the Access database?

crReportDocument.SetDataSource(dataSet)

Ludek

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question