cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work items creating for GoodsMovement IDOCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have IDOC to File and File to IDOC scenario, we are able to post GRN files into SAP successfully, but for some idocs , work items are creating for some line items where there is error . After analysis we have come to know that there is some error in article or price is missing.

what i would like to know is instead of creating idoc for some items success and some with work items ,can we restrict if there is error in any line item.

for example:

let us say if i have one GRN file with 10 line items.when i post this File into SAP .. It post 7 items as success and for 3 items it creates workitems.

1) Is there anyway i can restrict the entire idoc , instead of posting 7 items once and after re-processing 3 items in second one.?

2) how to avoid creating work items?

one more thing I have created a backgrounduser for PI while posting to SAP. Some articles are showing as article is locked by piuser.

can anyone suggest how to overcome this..

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Suman

What is the Message type / IDOC type your are using? You should be able to create one single IDOC with multiple line items instead of one IDOC for each item, provided the header information for the material document is the same for all the line items. In most cases this is possible.

Check your mapping in XI and see if you can club all the items in one single IDOC. Doing so will also prevent the material locked issue. But, point to note with this design is that you will be penalizing good records in your file just because one line item was in error.

KK