cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recognise end of line in text edit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to recognise the end of line character in the text edit ui.I tried with /n,/r and /r/n.

These are working only when i press enter and go to next line.

But I want to recognise the end of line even if I dont press enter .i.e.,if one line is completed and the text continues in the next line.

What is the character to recognise the end of line?

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to recognise the end of line character in the text edit ui.I tried with /n,/r and /r/n.

As per requirment, if UI size is fixed then you can decide like how many character you want in the One perticular line. In that way you can count the number of character in a line.

These are working only when i press enter and go to next line.

this one is correct, without this how u'll recognize next line.

for UI if text wrap property is set then after reaching perticular count on the base of size of ur's UI next line will start. so u can manipulate in that way. If wrap property is not set then scroll will come.

Hope this may help you.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak,

I am near to the solution.I kept the wrapping to hard for the text edit ui.It is wrapping the text only after I perform some action.It is not wrapping when I type the text.

Can u please suggest me.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to fix the width of the UI with the value in px or % like 100px or 15%.

Then it should work fine for u, means at the time of typing chatacters, after reaching the end(based on the width value) u will get in the New line.

Hope this may help you...

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak.

I will explain my requirement.I am filling some text in a text edit which I am passing into TDlines (tables parameter)in an RFC to the backend .The tDlines are passed to PDF.

The text should loook the same in pdf how i typed in the text edit.We are facing some problems in doing this.

What I did is i kept the column size 130 for text edit UI .I want to pass every new line in the text edit to the TDLines new line.

But I am not able to recognise the end of the line in the text edit.

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh