cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP not working "Can not insert value null in Field Docentry"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Detailed problem description: This is in SBO2005B PL 39

We have created some store procedures in SP_transactionnotification. To monitor if user are doing something they are not suppose to do. For all other transaction it seems to be working fine. But in Invoice, one part of the sp would not work at all (it will tell me it has been completed successful, but no document is added), and if I disable that part other part which work against objtype 13 works. Which means if something is wrong it will sent me a error message and stop transaction, but when I correct the problem and try to add again. I get MS_SQL error message "Can not insert null in INV11.DOCENTRY, this field doesn't accept null value" I attached the screen shot here.

I have taken everything off the original store procedure and used just the problem SP for Invoice and it is still the same problem. Furthermore when I run the store procedure against another set of similar DB without the DTW loads and it works fine. I am just not sure what's wrong with it... Can anyone help please?

Sincerely Yours

Bo Peng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bo,

Having a SP to monitor activities could be helpful but please note that it puts quite a burden on the performance of the system. Unless you have not other option to manage this through authorization you should avoid using the SP.

I suspect if there is a corruption in your DB. If you continue to get this error even after you have removed all the code in your SP, it could very well mean an issue with the DB.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is db problem... Per the error message, what are some of the internal numbering table I should be looking at?

I know the message says INV11. I check that table. We don't currently use that table at all.. Does anyone have something similar before?

Sincerely Yours

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which Patch level are you using? Check these threads