cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to decide MRP controllers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client has five plants. Client manufactures 4 different products. Some raw materials are common for few products.

First doubt is I am not able to decide what solution to give on how many MRP controllers should be made?

Next, in material master of Finished, semi and Raw materials what MRP controller to put in all cases as well as in case of one raw material is used in say 3 different products.Ex. products are cycle, rickshaw and bike.Plants are 4 in numbers.

Now in material master if cycle i can put mrp controller as 001.its subassemblies( semi finished) also as 001. Similarly in case of rickshaw as 002 and its subassemblies (semi finished) as 002.Similarly in case of bikes as 003 and its subassemblies (semi finished) as 003.

For finished and semi finished it is ok. But for raw material say one 'bolt', it can be BOM of cycle and rickshaw and bike. So in the material master of 'bolt' , what MRP controller can be given??

Guys please answer.

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

what if happen if you assign same MRP controller for Bolt which is common for assemblies cycle and rickshaw and bike.

I hope your using MTS, inthat case collective requirement only be created for Bolt. Based on the collective dep requirement MRP controller will do planning for Bolt. I donot think what problem your going to face if you assign same MRP controller for Bolt.

Regards

Pradeep Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

MRP controller is decided by the way the materials are planned and how the reports should be.

If all the materials are to be planed by one person, the as you tols 001 can be assigned to all materials.

If you want to plan some of materials seperately in a different intervals and to be analysed by different persons in the production dept, then you need to assign the MRP controllers seperately.

In SAP many planning reports are based on MRP controller, even you can RUn MRP using MRP controller.

Hence it is to ve decided by the responsibility of the person working in that dept who is responsible for planning different materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Your answer makes sense but my question is still unanswered.

Please let me know what to put in case a bolt is a part of BOM of two different products.

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

You have to probe / decide ur self How the responisbility or MRP of all materials is divided in ur client's company. How the reports wanted to be generated?

U can ask:

MRP controlling is Product wise or Plant wise?

If product wise and same MRP Controller is for all the 4 plants,u can ask : for all the levels below the main product the same MRP controller look into or different MRP controller?

In ur case, u can go :

For all Finished materials Rickshaw/Cycle/ Bike 1MRP controller or 3 different MRP Controllers.

Again, in all the 4 plants 1 MRP controller for each product can be enough or 4 different MRP controllers in 4 plants for the same product can be assigned.

Like this, in semi finished and Raw materials case also.

The points to be observed here is:

1) MRP view in material master is a Plant specific. So in all the plants for same material u can use same MRP controller or different MRP controller in 4 plants.

2) Whenever u require reports, there will be Plant and MRP controller fields for input.

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The MRP controller is not decided from Is it a part of one or 2 product alone.

If BOLT is common part of two different products then it will go under common MRP cotroller who is responsible for common materials and usually controller by Consumption based planning.

Please read my earlier communication...MRP controller is decided on who in the dept is responsible for which material and who should take the decision on those materials...This is the basic thumb rule.