cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP_NO_MEMORY issue with Webservices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using the Webservice in the function module which is RFC, to be used for portal or reports. When RFC FM is called in the loop statement of reports, I am getting the HTTP_NO_MEMORY issue.

1. Is there any way to close the HTTP connection in the RFc function module?. I tried the statement FREE, cl_abap_memory_utilities=>do_garbage_collection, but this is not usefull.

2. Is there is way to store the HTTP connection in ABAP/SAP memory to use it later time?.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ramesh Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Based on the description of the problem you gave here, you instantiate your client proxy multiple times, rather than re-using the existing instance.

Please, see OSS note 936835, as it describes the HTTP_NO_MEMORY symptom and also gives you the guidelines as to how to fix the problem.

I hope this will help you,

Regards

Andrzej K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

Thanks for the reply. I have implemented this notes in reports, however I have the problem with the FM. This FM will be called multiple times and I can not re-use the existing connection, there by I am getting the HTTP_NO_MEMORY issue.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Will declaring the reference variable as a global one in the function group not work for you?

Thanks,

Andrzej

Answers (0)