Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Designing Problem with selecting records

I was hoping I could get some information on how to proceed with this problem. I am using Vista 64bit, Crystal 2008.

I have a table that was used to record a series of question and answers for people.

This table has a question_id, question_text, answer_text, person_id as fields.

The problem I am having is I would like to design a report that would print out as if a filled in questionnaire. But I do not know how to proceed to design the report in the details section without having only 1 record per line. Even if I do multiple columns, I seem to be limited to using that structure for the entire report. Perhaps I only want 2 entries on the first line, and then 4 on the next...

I thought I might be able to do this through code, but I am not even sure Crystal is capable of this type of design? Can I place data from field A from record #5 on the first detail line along with data from record #10 ? etc...

In short, can I take the data of my tables and freely place them anywhere I like on a crystal report, or am I governed by the program to simply only format the report one row after the other as it is read?

I would love to read up on this, but every book I have seen thus far only talks about every basic thing to do with crystal. I am past that point and need some advance books that talk heavily on the crystal and basic syntax. Does anyone know of any good material for this?

Thanks in advance. I hope I explained myself well.

Joey P.

Edited by: Joey Pira on Sep 14, 2008 2:37 AM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question