cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Requires a CO Object when DN PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I got an error message "Account 510102 requires an assignment to a CO Object" when DN Post Goods Issue.

The material has a profit center assigned to it, and it was bought forward to SO, and also to the DN line.

I know that this problem can be solved if I set a cost center at the "Default acct. assign." tab page of the account's cost element. However, the problem is the cost center structure is material dependent, so a default cost center is not a proper solution.

Could anyone please help me? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use t-code OKB9 or table view V_TKA3A & assign default cost center or profit center to cost element or G/L account for specific company code that should solve your problem.

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to OKB9 and assign the Cost Element (As GL) to CO object i.e Cost Center or Prof. Segment Etc....

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran for answering,

May I know what OKB9 do?

Here in this OKB9, I can only assign one cost center per each cost element.

However, my problem is, the cost center may change everytime depending on different material. How can I do so?? Many Thanks.

Best regards,

Chris

Edited by: Chris on Sep 14, 2008 12:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to change it in the Sales Order's Account Assignment Tab (Line Item level).

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OKB9 is used purely for integration purpose between FI and CO. You must maintain the cost element for the purpose of flow from FI to CO. Cost ELement plays an important role for integration between FI and CO. So the transaction releted to FI and CO will take place via OKB9 in which you assign the cost element. Account assignment to CO object plays an important role in CO. You should assign that cost element to Cost center or Profitability Segment or Business Area according to scenario of your Business.

If you activated CO-PA, you can assign relevant profit segment instead of dummy cost center for the cost element in OKB9. As you know, all costs should finally be charged to customers or services, so any cost can be recognized to respective profit segment, where you make profit analysis based on profit segments.

As for substitution, in this case we only use it to make CO object assignment similar to the function of OKB9 but it has higher priority than OKB9. The limitation could be only dummy cost centers can be substituted

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran