Block Quotation when total value over Purchase Requisition total value
I'm new with MM and I'm into a situation I haven't seen yet. I've been asked to estimate the implementation for this monday (15/set) and I'm not sure if I understand correctly what is involved in this change.
It's a 4.6B instalation and this is the actual scenary:
1- Purchase Requisition is under a Release Stragegy.
2- After approval, Purchase Order is created referring P.Requisition
The intended new scenary:
1- P.Req. is approved (by Release strategy)
2- RFQs are created refering P.Req.
3- Quotations are updated
4- Winning Quotation is automatically approved if total value does not exceeds P.Requisition total value (doesn't matter if amount of items is changed in Quotation)
5- Purchase Order is created based on the winning quotation
My understanding and questions:
- RFQ only copy information from P.Requisitions and it doesn't keep PR's document number. I intend to obligate using Collective # to input P.Requisition #. Also, implement an ABAP to check if that P.Requis. exists and is Released.
- RFQs will only reference a P.Requisition
- I don't know how I can be sure to allow a Quotation to be used in a PO only after the bid have been won.
- At some point (I understand it should during the winning quotation selection, but don't know exactly where it is), the Quotation will only be "usable" by P.Order if the total amount is in the budget approved by the Purchase Requisition.
- I intend to implement an ABAP to check the total amount between Quotation and the P.Requis. Should I do it in the Quotation or in the Purch.Order?
Edited by: Rogerio Nascimento on Sep 13, 2008 4:59 PM
Edited by: Rogerio Nascimento on Sep 13, 2008 6:02 PM
Priyanka Paltanwale replied
The collective number is used to track and compare all the RFQ's, so that we can choose the best out of all...so it is compulsory to enter it...
You will only accept the best vendor out of all after the deadline date, you'll accept the best by putting rejection button ticked in all others which are not selected....so tht this vendor will automatically will be flowing into PO for your req...
This approval is done from the quotation itself...
You can see the total value, qty and all the parameters as per your req. in it only....
You can check at both the points, this will be as per your decision....but as the PO is first external doc..so need to put stress on it..
Hope it helps..
AWARD IF HELPFULL