Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requisition

former_member555628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

1) I am getting the error message"Valuation area not defined", while creating a requisition. How to solve this problem?

2) We can put a purchase order on hold. What is the equivalent thing in Purchase requisition?

3) What is the difference between holding a PO and changing the PO by ME22n? What are the fields which change PO does not open up, but hold PO opens up?

4) The tax code is set as default in PO. We want to make a PO of a material which is usually taxable, but not in this case. But the tax code is set as default. So, how to overcome this?

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)What you can do is check your material master data in Accounting 1 view,

field Valuation Category. Make it blank. Please check valuation class as

well for your material type.

2) There is no holding PR

3)what do you mean?

4)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1) I am getting the error message"Valuation area not defined", while creating a requisition. How to solve this problem?

Please Go to OMS2 Material types and Select Material Type and set Qty / Value is Checked in all Valuation areas. Also go to Material Master and ensure all the values Maintained in Accounting view.

> 2) We can put a purchase order on hold. What is the equivalent thing in Purchase requisition?

The Hold Functionality is for External Documents only.

> 3) What is the difference between holding a PO and changing the PO by ME22n? What are the fields which change PO does not open up, but hold PO opens up?

Whenever you are not sure about the Details in PO you can put the Document on Hold and Later you can Save after.

> 4) The tax code is set as default in PO. We want to make a PO of a material which is usually taxable, but not in this case. But the tax code is set as default. So, how to overcome this?

You can not set Default Tax code for Purchase order ME21N. Further the Tax codes can be Pulled into Purchase Order thru Purchase info Records.

Regards,

Ashok

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

1. Check the MMR accounting view1, enter all the necessary data in it..

2. yes we can put PO on HOLD but there no equivalent thing in PR....

3. Purchase orders that are "on hold" ("held" POs) can be processed or completed at a later time.

They are not transmitted to vendors. However, POs that are on hold are relevant to MRP.

The following functions are not possible:

Message output (printing or transmission of document in message form)

Release

Posting a goods receipt

Posting an invoice

4. check screen controls in SPROMMPurchasing -- PO --Define screen layout...

Check FTXP..

Check OB40..

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

AWARD IF HELPFULL