cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quotation item change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, friends

I would like to know if i can change line items (eg. quantity, price etc )in a quotation when it is referenced to subsequent document contract.

I tryed to change price and billing plan , it is going through but i am not able to change quntity .

why some are (eg. quantity, price etc )changeble and some are (quantitynot)?

please clarify it , i am really waiting for your reply

Thanks

rocky

Edited by: sap141 sd on Sep 13, 2008 8:15 PM

Edited by: sap141 sd on Sep 15, 2008 7:52 AM

Edited by: sap141 sd on Sep 15, 2008 7:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A quotation is taken as referenced once a subsequent document is created (partially, if the whole quantity hasn't been used).

Now if you have already created an order from a quotation, you cannot change the item cat, etc. (as you can plainly see they become grayed out). This is a setting that is given in the copying control -- Qty is one of the most important values that are used while referencing the document (for document flow) - so cannot be changed once referenced.

On the other hand, you could reject the remaining quantity, and create a new line item, with the appropriate item cat. etc.

Cheers.

Edited by: Sowmya Mohan on Sep 15, 2008 8:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

what if i want to change quanty in qutaion when it is refered as shown in the example.

Eg:

step1: create quotaion

Item 1: qty -5

step2: creat Contract with refrence to qutation

Item 1: qty-5

step 3: Change quotation

Item 1: qty - 2(not changeble)

Item 1: billing plan(changeble)

Item 1: price(changeble)

Is there any setting in copy control that will allow me to change the quantity for the line item 1

please please please provide some info on this .I really appricaite for your help

Thanks,

Rocky

Edited by: sap141 sd on Sep 16, 2008 5:56 AM

Edited by: sap141 sd on Sep 16, 2008 6:26 PM

Edited by: sap141 sd on Sep 16, 2008 10:29 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u created Contract. When u raise a Quatation with reference to Contract u cannot change the quantity. That means u can chage the quantity below the quantity mentioned in Contract but u cannot change the quantity above the mentioned quantity in Contract. But u can change the price.

This is because u have created an agreement with the customer for that quantity only..

Even copy controls are maintained like copy item only..

So, u cannot change the quantity above then mentioned in Contract..

with regards

srinivas.