Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in uploading ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to upload my customized screen records i am successful in getting all my records into my screen fields ERROR which i am faceing is DATE, i mean my application server date is like MMDDYYYY there by i have given in my EXCEL sheet date as 09132008, and when i am excecuting BDC program in screen field date field is seen as 9132008 but still error is displayed when i am trying to upload like ERROR message is throwing saying ENTER DATE IN __/__/____ format, I am unable to resolve this error.

Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3

reetesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess in excel 09 is taken as 9, I would suggest you to try giving date in quotes and if this does not work and if possible change the date format in SAP and then put date like this YYYYMMDD in excel.

I have not tried this, but had I would have been in your position I would have given it a short.

Hope this helps!

Reetesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

The prob is with the date format. try YYYYMMDD this shud solve the problem, but if the prob still persists. then the prob can also be the field type or the FM ur using. Solution for this is - give the field type as C length 8. ask the user to give the date format in YYYYMMDD in the excel file. debug it and chk if the format is comin into the internal table from the excel in this format. if it does then u shud not have any probs.

Close the thread if the question is answered.

Regards

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Screen normally takes formats from user settings ...

i thnk ur user setting is __/__/____ .

normaly in the file from which u read data, date will be in the form YYYYMMDD .

after u read that u format that as u required

if u r sure that user will always use one fixed format u can do it using offset method ...

for eg if u r sure that user will always use ... dd/mm/yyyy format then u can convert like this

target_date0(2) = source_date6(2).

target_date+2(1) = '/'.

target_date3(2) = source_date4(2).

target_date+5(1) = '/'.

target_date6(4) = source_date0(4).

or if u want it dynamically change according to user settings ...........

data : temp_date like sy-datum .

write: source_date to temp_date .

now use temp_date ... it will take user settings..............

hope it will help ....................