cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Add Modules on SBO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What is the different from between create Add on myself and Addon Module from SBO? If I don't use Add on module from SBO but I create myself (e.g use VB) what can this be done? The interface used Visual Basic and data take on query SQL result.

Regards,

Agung

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agung

SAP uses a relational database and if any tables are updated manually, the integrity cannot be guaranteed. There are over 800 tables in SAP Business One. To post an invoice for example involves over 15 tables to be updated. If you miss just one, the integrity is gone. SAP will not support your customer if there is evidence of direct updates, so the risk is not worth it.

As mentioned earlier, you can create your own add-on using the SKD and the tools provided by SAP namely the DI API and UI API. If you have the knowledge of programming or not, I would still recommend the SDK (TB1300) course be taken to fully understand how the event handling, forms, etc. work.

You can develop your add-on for a specific customer based on their unique requirements, but remember that such an add-on will not be tested or guaranteed by SAP. The onus will be on you to ensure that with every upgrade or patch, your add-on will continue to function.

To get specific assistance with regards to the development, you will need to raise a message in the SDK forum. Best of luck.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your information completely. So I have had to be understand it.

Regards.

Agung

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agung

There are 2 types of SDK, the first one can be used to make certain enhancements or create add-on functionality that is specific to a customer. However this type which is know and Implementation version (or runtime), maybe not be used to create add-ons that can be sold to other customers. The second one requires purchasing of the full Development version of the SDK. With this version you can create add-ons that can be sold to customers. The add-ons from SAP and other VAR's are developed using the Development version.

There are 2 interfaces in the SDK namely the UI API and the DI API. The DI API is a COM object that allows you to read and write to SAP Business One and is the ONLY accepted method of doing so from SAP. Direct writes to the SQL database either through scripts or table changes is not permitted. With the UI API you can add forms, change existing forms, etc in SAP Business One. This involves writing your own executable and publishing it with the SAP SDK tools to create the installation.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I think if we can create an Addon and relate query database on SQL, so unnecessary with Addon from SBO (or maybe combine it).

Direct writes to the SQL database either through scripts or table changes is not permitted. Why can we not direct write it through script or table?

If the second your opinion is not be taken and we must take a first one, so we think create an add on ourselves. What is right, isn't it?

Please anybody can help me for this matter...

Regards,

Agung

Edited by: Agung Adrianto on Sep 15, 2008 1:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agung,

If you just need to "Read" from B1, you may not need any add-on module from B1. You can use VB or even excel to get data out of B1.

However, you mentioned adding module to B1. That means your codes will include update clause to change B1 data, you have to use add-on module provided by B1 in this case.

Thanks,

Gordon