cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when STO UB and when NB type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have intercompany deliveries/STO. When do you use the UB type with billing or the NB type with billing?

What is the advantage and disadvantage of the methodes?

Thank you very much,

Eric van Zundert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

NB is a Purchase Document type with document category U, This is normally used when you are Procuring Material from an external vendor.

UB is a Purchase Document type which is used when you are Tansporting Material from one Plant to another in Same Company code or different company codes. This Document type is used when you carry out STO.

This is what i understand correct me if i am wrong.

Revert back if you still want any clarifications.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Stock Transport Order with Delivery and Billing Document

NB is for STO between two plants belonging to different company codes, where billing comes into picture.

NB can also be used for intra company code transfers, but the item category will be U.

Stock Transport Order with Delivery

UB is normally used for the stock trnasfr between two plants which belong to one company code.

The document type (NB or UB) determines the posting logic u2013 in other words, whether stock in transit is set up. The item category (U or BLANK) determines whether billing takes place.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you, but one question:

1) NB is for STO between two plants belonging to different company codes, where billing comes into picture.

2) NB can also be used for intra company code transfers, but the item category will be U.

Intra company will say: between 2 different companies.

Scenario 1) is with 2 company codes, but scenario 2) is also with 2 company codes.

When do you choice for scenario 1) or 2)?

Thank you,

Eric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I meant Two plant under same company code.

2) In the stock transfer between two plants under the same company code, the document type NB can be used , but item categroy should be U.

sorry for the confusion.

Prase