Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to change profit center when goods are issued for consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am using FI PCA in ECC 6.0

I have one plant

I have material at plant level (wheat floor)

This material is used in production of more than one product. (different kind of bread) Each product group is a different profit center. Thus material is used in more than one profit center.

At time of receipt i do not know which product the raw material is going to be used for.

In Material master just one profit center is maintained and it will flow to the production order and the inventory of Finished goods received later.

At time of issue of raw material for consumption, i need to change the profit center.

Is this possible in standard configuration.

How do i go about it?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishikesh,

There is one way you can do it. Define one material master set for each product group in t-code GS01 using table MARA and MATNR field. Then enter all materials which have the same profit center into each group. So you have sets M1, M2, M3 etc. which belong to profit centers P1, P2 and P3.

Define a substitution rule for profit center under GGB1 using the following conditions.

1. GL Account number for goods issue 261 (issue to production order).

2. Material set M1

3. Company code and document type (WA etc.)

Profit center equals P1.

Similarly define another substitution rule for M2/P2 combination.

Hope the above helps.

Sharabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply.

in addition to what u are saying (subistution of profit center) can we try to change the splitting rules. eg customise the splitting rules so that the profit center is changed when issued to the manufacturing plant?

Regards,

Rishikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You want to assign a profit center to the material consumption account, which is different from the material master.

Let us say, if the material master has 1000 and the finished product (production order) has 2000.

The goods issue document will credit 2000 and debit 1000.

Due to document splitting, there will be additional entries generated which will debit 2000 and credit 1000 to create zero balance.

I don't understand why do you want to substitute the profit center for the splitting? Please check with your consolidation team if what you are saying is correct.

If you still need the substitution then there is a BADI available to do this.

Regards

Sharabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Saurabh.

I think u are right. I may not need to use the splitting option.

I think i will first run a full cycle with two profit centers and see the results.

But if you know the details of the BADI, can you give it to me.

regards,

Rishikesh