cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload a PAR file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have received a PAR file from our off-shore team.

I remember that I had to copy it to a directory contain ".../wwwroot/..." ( I did it 2 years ago).

Could you help give the entire path where the PAR file go? Do I need to re-start EP7 after

putting it there?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ashley,

There are two ways you can upload par file in a Portal.One is as Bala mentioned above.

And you can also upload it from the NetWeaver Developer Studio. First you need to import the PAR file in NetWeaver Developer Studioas mentioned below:

1. Choose File --> Importu2026 --> PAR File.

2. Specify the location of the PAR file, and the name of the new project to create from the PAR.

3. Click Finish.

Then to deploy the PAR file,

1. Right-click the name of the project in the Package Explorer, and select Quick PAR Upload. The PAR Export window is displayed.

2. Select the Deploy checkbox. A list of servers to which you can deploy is displayed.If no servers have been configured, click Configure server settings and configure the servers.

3. Enter the password for the server to which you want to deploy your application. Click Finish.

Once you deploy an application, you can set the NetWeaver Developer Studio so that you can deploy again simply by selecting Quick PAR Upload, and without entering the password again.

To do this, from the Windows menu, select Preferences. In the SAP Enterprise Portal property sheet, select Yes, I want to remember passwords for deployment.

Hope it helps.Do award points if found helpful.

Regards,

Gourav.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Ashley ,

There r three method of deployment or uplaod a par file.

First 2 r described in above rply.

3 one is with the help of SDM.

check this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/22/a7663bb3808c1fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Rewards r welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashley,

you should have system admin role to upload it from portal.

go to system administration-support-portal runtime-administration console from there you can upload par files