cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Packing Charge in Sales order Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How I manage the packing charge in sales order.

there are three type of packing charge by which user wants to book the SO.

1 : Flat Amount

2 : Percentage Amount on Basic Value.

3 : Rate Per Unit Quantity

Plz Give me solution .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Out of the 3 requirements, only Flat rate could be configured in the Freight definition area. The other 2 are more to of a manual calculation as the system does not have the provision to calculate as a Percent or per quantity.

1 : Flat Amount

2 : Percentage Amount on Basic Value.

3 : Rate Per Unit Quantity

Keith: The stored procedure approach seems interesting though SAP does not support updating the core tables which is in violation of SAP Support policy. Could you share more of how you are updating the Freight values

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

keith_taylor2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to the pre-defined amounts that you can enter on the setup screen for freight, you could consider a stored procedure to add an amount to the sales order upon adding the sales order.

For example, for one client we have they wanted to add a handling charge based on the total value of the sales order, for example

$100 or under - $5.00

200 - 300 - $7.00

etc.

To accomlish this, we created a user table with the ranges and handling charges (so it could be maintained but the client in the future) and a stored procedure to look at this table and add the value to the freight code called handling upon adding or updating of a sales order.

This could work easily on a quote also but not easily on an invoice since the adding of an invoice creates journal entries immediately upon an add and before the stored procedure could fire.

Hope this helps and gives you some ideas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I am not sure if these 3 types of packing charge applied on document level or item level. In both cases, you need to create 3 entries under Adiministration -> Setup -> General -> Freight

There are predefined method to distribute based on quantity or amount available. Check it out and keep posting if you still have questions.

Thanks,

Gordon