Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i give only display permission to user having sap_all profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

Is it possible to give sap_all with display persmissions only.

Regards,

Tarun Chandel

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is it possible to give sap_all with display persmissions only.

No.

Please use the forum search functionality and/or read this:

This is a frequently asked question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry not possible.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, as Jurjen has responded.

However, if you don't assign SAP_ALL profile, you can achieve it with a custom role with display (ACTVT =03) access but then you'll have the same issues as

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=16252518&messageID=5853309

Regards,

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to noticing that there are a lot of interesting and usefull threads with duscussions on this topic, you will also notice that not one of them provides a complete solution.

Probably the most polular "second best" solution if you are going to go this route is to create a role and insert the authorizations from template profile SAP_ALL and then go through all the objects to:

- 1) Change the activity type fields to activity type values (most notably ACTVT to '03' and '08', but not only limited to this...)

- 2) Disable some objects completely.

- 3) Some special objects need very specific values for fields which are not activity related to prevent change modes.

I can give you some pointers on these three and I am sure others will chip in to discuss tweaks, but you will still be stuck with S_TCODE ranges....

Cheers,

Julius