cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Automobile and Manufactuing industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

I have done implementation for Manufacturing industry ( And I have knowledge on that)

but now I got the implementation for Automobile Industry .

Is there any difference in MM angle for both the sectors

If I have to implement on this one means , what things needs tobe taken care

Can any body help me on this

Because , I am in Confusion , whether I can able to do the same ( Is there any difference)

please let me know differntiation of implementation in MM side

rgds

Surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Surya,

It actually depends on the solution proposed/ going to be used... SAP has given a solution for Automobile industry: IS-AUTO/ VMS(Vehicle Management System)this is very typical and a kind of its own. A very brief explanation wuold be that a 'vehicle' is identified by a vehicle no/commission no. and the status of each vehicle changes based on 'actions'. You don't create a SO/PO using VA01/ME01These Actions in turn use programs/BAPIs and create Sales Orders/Purchase Orders & the status changes based on the 'Action Matrix' etc...

Suggest you to go thru some material on VMS/IS-Auto before you start working on the project..

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Rags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The automobile industry is a total different scenario and as you know the MM is crucial there where the sparts parts management is very critical. In addition to this it has kanban applied as well so I suggest you check out the BP documentation available in the Help.sap.com website and go through the config guides and the BPPs. Any discussion of the scenarios would only confuse you. Its best to read the documentation first.

regds

Jude