cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Line Item problem (Rule based GATP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi! i am using SAP APO Rule based GATP funtionality, after confirming the GATP Quantity or triggering CTP a second line item comes in the sale order screen. can anhy body tell me how to get rid of this secon line item.

Rgds

vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Sure. Turn off Rule based availability checking. The additional items are standard SCM/ERP functionality when substitution (product and/or location) is employed.

Regards,

DB49

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vaibhav,

Subitems are created for rule-based ATP (check instructions via transaction /SAPAPO/ATPC07: "Activate RBA" ticked) in the following cases:

1. The location product will be delivered from another (substituted) location. Or the product has been replaced. This is the standard scenario.

OR

2. If "always create sub-items" = ON (check instructions via transaction /SAPAPO/ATPC07: "Activate RBA" and "Start immediately").

3. If more than one location product combination has been determined by rules maintained (transaction /SAPAPO/RBA04); Even if full confirmation can be made against the original location product, a sub-item will still be created.

4. If partial confirmation takes place, a subitem for the remaining quantity will be created as well if "remaining requirements" = ON in the check instructions.

5. If Multi-item single delivery (MISL, formerly known as location predetermination or LPD) is active.

6. If preselection of substitutions is active.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tibor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibav,

Ok. While doing of CTP u have maintained the location determination activity in Rule and check the STO box,and main tain this Activity in Location determination then u can't get the two lone items in the sales order

Hope this will help full,

All the Best

s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check - check instruction setting.

SPRO - Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) - General Settings - Maintain Check Instructions

Check setting of rule based ATP for check mode & business event (based on product master setting)

Setting for create subitem in rule based ATP setting should be trunned off.Also check setting of remaining requirement in rule based ATP check.

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you pleasse try this settings.please follow the below path

SPRO-APO >> Global ATP >> General Settings >> Maintain Global Settings for Availability Check

In that for the Availability Check settings entry there is an option for Accept Time

If the indicator is set please uncheck that indicator. Hope this should solve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Sai,

i tried this setting and it was checked before as said by you, but unfortunately it dint worked.

This is impacting not only me but also R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my past porject we had this RBATP and we didnt had this type of issue. please check your settings once again.

Maintaining Check InstructionsUse

In this activity, you maintain the check instruction. This is used to determine which basic methods are to be executed and whether the rules-based availability check is carried out. The check mode 41 will be assigned to products with rules-based availability check.

Procedure

1. To carry out this activity, choose:

SAP SCM IMG menu mySAP SCM - Implementation Guide --> Advanced Planning and Optimization --> Global Available-to-Promise --> General Settings --> Maintain Check Instructions

Transaction Code = SPRO

2. To define the scope of the check instruction, select the line with the check mode 041 / business event A (SD order) or B for Delivery and choose Details.

3. Configure the check mode according as in the following table.

Field name User action and values Comment

Product Check First step

Activate RBA X Set this indicator if you want to use the rules-based availability check

Start Immediat. Leave blank With this option, the system only performs a rules-based check if the original requirement cannot be fully confirmed.

ATP Alert act. X

4. Save your entries.

Result

You have maintained the check instruction which determines the rules-based availability