cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kind Attn:Mr. Graham, Mr. Raghavendra, Mr. Jason, Mr. Brian and Miss Asha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all Sir/Madam,

I am sorry to post this by your name but it is becoming trouble some day by day and I dont have much time, please I need your help, kindly help me.

Well I make it clear that now I am using * the trial version of Crystal Report 2008 of 60 days.*

This problem is not getting solved by all my effort, so please do some needful, it will be very kind of you all and I will be very thankful to you.

Please put an eye on the problem and give your opinion to solve the problem.

I have posted complete code which I have used in the web form in:

Expert Forums » Business Objects SDK Application Development » .NET Development - Crystal Reports

having subject as

Steps to link a report to Web Application Form. Post Your Opinion.

The problem I am facing is :

I am having few reports which was running nice as the "Save Data with Report" - Report Option was on / checked.

But being this is not a good practice so, I removed the option, ie. uncheked the option.

Now on calling the same report from the same web form, from where it was called earlier being called the report on web shows a blank page and not a single data from Database.

I tried a lot to get refreshed and updated data but unable to do so.

As I am having only one .aspx file which contains a ReportViewer. I am passing the parameter for the report to be opened through coding in .aspx.vb file.

There I have given written code for Database connectivity, ReportSource, etc.

If any of you do have any steps which I should check and go through it, please tell me about it.

I am using VS2005 ASP.NET {vb code}, CrystalReport 2008 (60 days Trial Version) and Oracle 10g.

Thanks and regards

Edited by: Md. Mushtaque on Sep 13, 2008 10:17 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Md,

The fact that you are able to call saved data into the application is a good indication that you are good on the application layer. Just a guess... The application itself doesn't have user access to the database.

Beyond that I really don't have any ideas. I'm a report developer, not an application developer, so I don't think I can be too much with this issue.

Odds are, you're going to have better luck in Application Development Forum.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Jason Long,

You being a Report Developer you develop report.

OK.

So, after developing report, as per my knowledge it should get integrated with the application, so who is responsible for that?

The application development people or Report Development people.

Can you please suggest me any forum where I could get any help for this.

Thanks and regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Md,

I don't understand one thing, you did mention that your report does not work via VS however does it work without VS?

Does the report run fine in Crystal Reports 2008??

If it brings records correctly then the reporting side is working fine.

I don't think you understood what Jason said about "report development" and "application development", what I gathered from his view is that he develops reports and does not integrate them within applications such as Visual studio (either could be vb or aspx or any other language format).

Report development involves Crystal reports formulas, SQL expressions etc and in Application development you get to involve yourself with more steps like creating GUI, integrating third party apps etc.

Crystal report is a separate package to Visual Studio, so if your report works fine under Crystal report then there must be a problem with your Visual Studio coding.

Perhaps you might need to check your parameters which are referring to crystal parameters, maybe you didn't declare them correctly.

There could be whole load of problems with it.

I would suggest take the coding step by step and see where the problem lies (either at parameter level, either at data set level or either at some other level).

You can find many development forums online, just google it.

1: [http://www.devx.com/]

2: [http://www.codeproject.com]

3:Perhaps you might as well want to buy this guy ebook to get yourself going

[http://www.instantcrystal.net/Default.aspx]

Good luck

Many thanks

Oh and a personal advise, please do not put people's name in the forum subject. Does not look nice to call out with their names. If you have problem post it here or google it and I am sure you'll find your way out of that problem

Regards

Jehanzeb